Thursday, February 7, 2013

Act Like a Lady, Dress Like a Boss







Ladies Dominating Menswear




Boys will be boys and girls, well, we'll be boys too. Women working menswear, and working it well, is suddenly not as scarce a scene as it once was around the time of Bianca Jagger (swoon) and Diane Keaton in Woody Allen's Annie Hall. Women everywhere  seem to be adorning themselves in "slacks," if you will, well pressed button downs, tailored blazers, and  loafer like shoes, and quite frankly, a lot of us look better in it. There's something about being dressed like a man that generates a feeling of sheer empowerment. I don't think that's just me either considering the new abundance of fashionable ladies in great menswear. As if we needed further support for Queen B's genius statement. Ladies are indeed pimps too. I'm sorry but I can't not, not take this moment post Beyonce bowl to not praise the greatness that is Jay Z's better half. That magnificent black leather ensemble, extreme hip thrusting, all female band/dancers, and reunion of the bootylicious trio!?  My heart be still. I thought I died and arrived at my own little Gothic lesbian heaven. All hail Beyonce. Sorry, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I failed to mention the goddess her self's super bowl greatness. Now back to the matter at hand: menswear. An endless list of designers currently have my heart palpitating over the trend. The elitist's include Elizabeth & James, Alexander Wang, Dries Van Noten, Chloe, Rag & Bone (naturally) and Stella McCartney. And if I thought I couldn't love Rag & Bone anymore they go and use the face of Kate Moss. Well, a stronger sentiment than love and obsession I feel. One word that inexplicably resonates within me upon spotting a woman decked head to toe in fabulous menswear threads is "sharp." It's hard to distinguish the exact trait but it's apparent she's a dominating force to be reckoned with.  This trend doesn't seem to be digressing anytime soon. So all you men out there owning coveted brand name oxfords, sweaters, blazers and the like, don't say you weren't warned. It's only a matter of time before your wonderful girlfriend eyes that treasure hanging beautifully untouched in your closet beckoning her, before she walks out the door with it gracing her body. She's on her way to turn heads. May I suggest you just leave her be. It may earn brownie points later, but more importantly, like I said, we just look fucking better (and sharp) wearing your clothes, OK? Talk about made for a man, designed for a woman. 






















































































































































Pictures from: pinterest, styleite.com, livableart.blogspot.com, bestfan.com, stylegirlfriend.com, marieclaire.com, flights-of-fab-fashion-fancy.com, fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com, fabric-mag.blogspot.com, manrepeller.com, tumblr.com, womenshealthmag.com, seattlemet.com, vanessajackman,blogspot.com, archdezart.com, pinkmemo.com, manrepeller.com, gemmasthoughtsandloves.com, ca.shine.yahoo.com, styleite.com, huffingtonpost.com, lolomag.com, fashioncircus.blogspot.com, fashiontrendsdaily.com, styleblog.ca, stylebakery.com, blog.buzzfeed.com, whowhatwear.com, 

No comments:

Post a Comment